Monday, March 8, 2010

A Typical Day at the Brown Residence

Well, my cute sister, Molly blogged the other week about a typical day in a house with twin 18 month old girls and a 4 month old baby boy, and it got me thinking...what do WE do here all day? So, I decided to take a day (today) to figure out what a typical day at our house--one with, as most of you know consist of 5 kids, ages 5 and under (and a mom and a dad, of course :) ).
So, here goes....

At about 6-6:30-ish, I wake up and get myself ready. Shortly after, or often during this, the kids start to wake up. So, at about 7 am, we eat breakfast.

Good morning!!

Shortly thereafter, they take their baths/ showers...(Aspen took one, too but refused to be photographed in a towel.)


I get them dressed, and we are all dressed and ready by about 8:00 (8:17 this morning, to be exact ;)).

While the kids play and watch their favorite show (and mine), Sesame Street, I clean up the kitchen....

I do this...
.(Broom not pictured here, but I do a lot of sweeping!)

By 8:45 we need to be out the door to get Anderson to school. When the weather is nice, we walk, and this is how it goes, Azure and Aussie in the stroller (Aspen wanted a ride today), and Ace and Anderson on their scooters. And we're off!


We make it back just in time (9:15-ish) for preschool to start!
Here is the before photo--I always have to begin the day clean)...

If you want to see what goes on here, feel free to go to www.kinderstartin.blogspot.com

Following preschool, I load the kids up, and go pick up Anderson---Same routine as the morning ;)..Just forgot the camera...

We then have lunch at about 12:30 (yes, we had a cardboard pizza today, but it was "Digourno!")


Then Aussie takes a nap...


That's when I do this...


And this...

And today, I did this, only because Adam won't be home until late, otherwise I would rather be outside...


And they do this..

(Anderson had free reign of the camera).

We also do this...

And a lot if this..


Oh, and I nurse a baby every 3 hours...sorry, no photo for that, either ;).


Adam (Daddy) gets home usually between 5:30 and 6:30, and then the REAL fun begins...!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whew i'm tired just reading this. you're a terrific mother...where does your nap fit in?

Brandi said...

Sounds like a busy mom day! i love that idea of blogging about your daily routine.It's easy to forget that stuff later on. I think I might have to do that too.:)

Molly said...

You do A LOT more than me! I feel like I have down time during the 2-3 hour nap they all take in the middle of the day. I need a treadmill! And, you look great! Sorry, I didn't call you back yesterday. She bumped her head one the crib while twirling.